Thursday 27 November 2014

Essay Review | Rabbit Syndrome: Australia and America by Don Watson

Rabbit Syndrome: Australia and AmericaRabbit Syndrome: Australia and America by Don Watson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

An interesting comparative look at Australia & the US.  I went to an author talk for Watson's new book 'The Bush' on Tuesday evening and it was interesting to hear him mention some of his thoughts shared in these essays - that we as a nation tend to pretend that awful things didn't happen when European Settlers first arrived here.  That our history with the Indigenous peoples was a peaceful handover, instead of the massacre(s) that it really was. I'm looking forward to reading more from Watson, I bought The Bush on Tuesday night, but I'd also like to learn more about the history of Australia - the good and the bad.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...