Friday 10 January 2014

Bout of Books Day 4 wrapup

Bout of Books

It's the day 4 wrapup!!  I managed to finish another book last night - yay!  I had been avoiding the cleaning for the last few days, but I bit the bullet and decided to finish listening to Dreamland by Sarah Dessen and clean.  So the tally at the end of the day stands at:

Finished today: Dreamland by Sarah Dessen 250 pages, but I've been listening to this all week.
Continued with How to dance with a duke: 20 pages.
Continued listening to The Children's Book. 1 disc.

Number of Pages Read Today: 270 pages. (not including all audio).
Cumulative Total: 699 pages. (not including all audio).
Number of Books Read so far: 4.

I'm hoping that since I don't have to work over the weekend I can smash this readathon out of the park!  Out of the seven books i had on my list, I've read three, plus an extra ebook, so I'm happy with my progress so far.

There were two challenges running, but I only did one, which was the one run by Writing my own Fairytale.

Here's the Challenge: Double Date Book Challenge!
 
The Rules for the Challenge:
You must pick two books that you would recommend someone read together (like a double date!) and explain your reasons for the recommendation. You can recommend the books because they are in the same genre, one is a retelling of the other, they deal with the same issues, or maybe they're complete opposites, whatever you want as long as you can explain why they should be read together. Just one exception: they cannot be books from the same series.
My Picks:

Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys & Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Not a particularly imaginative pick, Wide Sargasso Sea is an unofficial prequel to Jane Eyre, but it gives a more complete picture of Mr. Rochester, (although not a very flattering one).  I have only seen the film version (there are 2 that I know about), but I'm hoping to read it this year.

What would you pick, let me know.  I always love finding out what others love to read.

C.

2 comments:

  1. I may have to start listening to audiobooks, it seems to be a great way to read whilst being busy. I'm sure it would spice up the cleaning too!

    I love your Double Date picks. I've got Wide Sargasso Sea to read this year so I'm looking forward to seeing how it matches up to Jane Eyre.

    Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Ellie, I couldn't live without audio books, my commute to work is almost an hour a day and I do a few long trips and they're perfect for that. I love them for cleaning as well, gives me a little extra motivation :) There are a few books I would never have picked up in print either, so it's a great way to try new genres or authors.

      Delete

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...