Friday 27 February 2009

Goodbye workers, thanks for all your work, now rack off!!

Time for some current affairs gentle reader. Normally, while I would be pissed, I wouldn't blog about this. But since my Aunt is in the industry (she is now the only full time sewer at George Gross & Harry Who), I thought I'd have at it.

What are you thinking Pacific Brands? I'll tell you - money! Cheaper labour in Asian countries, so it's bye bye Australian jobs and hello unemployment for 553 workers. I understand that everyone's doing it tough, but surely thers are other options? What can we do about ir? Not a lot, the one thing I know I can do is no longer buy the following brands:

Underwear: Antz Pants, Bonds, Berlei (dammit, they have good sports bras), Holeproof, Playtex, Hestia, Jockey, Rio, Voodoo, Razzamatazz.

Clothing:
Mooks, Mossimo, Stussy, Lee, Everlast, Wrangler, Hard Yakka, King Gee, Stubbies, Dowd, NNT, CTE.

Sports:
Slazenger, Malvern Star, Dunlop, Repco, Rosebank, Maxfli.

Bedding:
Sheridan, Tontine, Sleepmaker, Peri, Dunlipillo, Serta, Actill, Simmons, Fairydown.

Shoes: Dunlop, Hush Puppies, Clarks, Merrell, Julius Marlow, Sachi (sniff...well I'll just buy my hand bags from Spencer & Rutherford instead), Naturalizer, Pierre Fontaine (nooooooooooo), Candy.

End rant.

C.

P.S: I got these companies & all the other info from the Thursday issue of Herald Sun, so if there are any mistakes blame them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...