Tuesday 24 February 2009

Thought for the day

Found this article online. it's about an Australian author who has had some of his work removed from library shelves because of it's explict nature. What do you think? Should it be removed or should we uphold the 'freedom of the press' angle? Personally, I don't have a problem with it, especially since most of the books that I read have explict scenes in them - enough with the naughty librarian puns :), but I don't believe that his work should be censored. I will admit that the content of the stories is kinda gross & not something that I would like to read - although I'm almost compelled to damn the man and read 'em anyway now lol. I guess it all comes down to if you want to read it do so, if your not interested/morally opposed to the explict nature of the stories, go find a nice Janette Oke or Betty Neels.

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...