Wednesday 16 December 2009

Books I've Read 2009 - September

Here's my holiday reading list, finished mostly in Spain, it was lovely and I would like to go again. One day.

45. Reinventing Julia by Muriel Jensen

This was meh really, not fantastic, but since I didn't have much else to read I kept reading. Julia was quite unbelievble, I didn't really like the character, the plot was also choppy and all over the place.
Book one in the Forrester Square series

46. Elusive Dawn by Kay Hooper

47. On Her Doorstep by Kay Hooper

48. Return Engagement by Kay Hooper

49. Stroke of Fortune by Christine Rimmer - Lone Star Country Club

50. Staying at Daisy's by Jill Mansell

51. Kiss Me Quick by Margaret Moore

52. Between Duty and Desire by Leanne Banks

53. The Marriage Medallion by Christine Rimmer

54. Driven to Distraction by Dixie Browning

55. The Strain by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan

This book was fantastic, enjoyed it a lot, which I’m not really surprised about as I love Pan’s Labyrinth and Del Toro’s take on Hell Boy. I also like that it pays homage to the original vampire myths (coffin full of dirt), and that all vampires come from the ‘Old Ones’. I had goose bumps a couple of times, I read this on the way to Bilbao and made it cover to almost cover (if only my bus trip was 20min longer!), I didn’t want to put it down. The suspense was fantastic, it was scary and I’m really looking forward to the next two instalments. I think what makes this work so well is the realism – who isn’t worried about a virus spreading and not being able to do anything.

56. Truth or Dare by Jane Ann Krentz – Book 2 Whispering Springs

I liked this, good action and the story was fun.

57. Touch of Darkness by Christina Dodd

Book two of the Darkness Chosen series.

This is the second book by Carter and is just as funny and well written as his first. He has the talent of making even the most mundane story interesting.
C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...