Thursday 9 January 2014

Bout of Books 9.0 Day 3 Wrapup

Bout of Books

Ok so lets talk about how I went on day three...so much better than the previous two days, I managed to finish two more books, The List of my Desires (loved it) and my reread of The Little Prince (so much better when I can see the pictures).  I'm still going with How to dance with a Duke, I love the book, but it seens like it's taking ages to get through.  I'm also continuing with my two audios, I'm up to disc 4 of The Children's book and Chapter 9 of Dreamland.

The List of my Desires: 224 pages, but I'd read 15 pages on a previous day.
The Little Prince: 85 pages.

Number of Pages Read Today: 294 pages. (not including audio).
Cumulative Total: 429 pages. (not including all audio).
Number of Books Read Today: 3.
 
The Book Thief came out at the cinema today, but I think I'll hold off going to see it it so I can keep reading :) I could have read quite a bit more last night but I got sidetracked by le interwebs, I really have to remember to concentrate on the reading.  But on the plus side - I'm the soon to be owner of two very pretty dresses from Mod Cloth!!  Yay for 70% off.  I think one of the things I have problems with is getting sidetracked by other stuff, whether it be le interwebs, social media or a very scary episode of extreme hoarders I watched last night - the guy had to slide into his rooms through a tiny crevice as he had that much stuff oiled up.  EEEEKK!!  After boutofbooks 9.0 I'm definitely having a clean up!!

The challenge today is being hosted on Doing Dewey and is about introducing someone to a new genre, here's my answer below:



I’m reading a lot of Historical Fiction at the moment, I really enjoyed ‘Caleb’s Crossing’ and ‘Year of Wonders’ by Geraldine Brooks.  The Cousins’ War series by Phillipa Gregory is amazing! 

‘The White Queen’, ‘The Red Queen’, ‘The Lady of the Rivers’, ‘The Kingmaker’s Daughter’, The White Princess’, ‘The Last Rose’ (although I haven’t read the last three yet).

I also enjoyed ‘The Secret River’ by Kate Grenville, I haven’t read a great deal of boks involving Australian history, I tend to read more about the UK.  Although one more about Australia that I have read is ‘The Spotted Skin’ by Rowena Ivers.  I read this a long time ago, but it was brilliant, all about a leper colony in the Northern Territory.

In YA, another commenter, Nalina mentioned a duology by Mary Hooper, ‘The Fever and the Flame’: ‘At the Sign of the Sugared Plum’ and ‘Petals in the Ashes’ by Mary Hooper.  Which I loved – side note her contempory stuff is fantastic as well.

Hope you're all going well with your challenges, keep reading!!

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...