Wednesday 8 January 2014

Bout of Books 9.0 Day 2 Wrapup.

Bout of Books

Okay it's now halfway through day three of Bout of Books and I thought I'd do a quick update on what I read yesterday.

I only managed 20 pages of 'How to dance with a Duke' by Manda Collins.  But I did listen to more of 'The Children's Book  by A. S. Byatt, (equivalent of 21 pages).  And another hour of 'Dreamland' by Sarah Dessen.

Number of Pages Read Today: 41 pages.

Cumulative Total: 135 pages.

Number of Books Read Today: 1.

I had a really busy day Tuesday and I thought I'd be able to sit back relax and read once I got home, but mostly what I did was fall asleep.  I'm pretty disappointed with that, but let's hope Wednesday is way better.  I made extra dinner so all I have to do is duke nuke it tonight and I'm going to be bad and do no housework, I'm going to read my little heart out instead.  Although I've got some super cute paper bunting I want to put up, so I might take 20 minutes and set that up.  Because a girl needs her pretty things!

There is also a challenge or two up and running, first up over at Sarah Says Read:

How do you fit in as much reading as possible during Bout of Books? How do you squeeze in those extra pages?

I listen to an audio book in the car on the way to and from work, I have another on my ipod which I listen to when I'm cleaning, cooking etc.  I always carry a cook with me, those 15 min waiting for the doctor this morning was the perfect chance to squeeze in a little more reading :)

and over at The Geeky Bloggers Book Blog:

If you were listening to the book being acted out over the radio waves who would you want being the voices of your favorite characters!
I'll go with 'How to dance with a Duke' by Manda Collins, which is one of my reads for bout of books 9.0.

For Cecily I'd pick Lucy Griffiths and for Lucas Rupert Penry-Jones.

I do love  a good challenge.

Enjoy the rest of your day :)

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...