Tuesday 27 January 2009

What I've watching in 2009 - January

I've decided to keep a tally of what I've watched/watching/wanting to watch for 2009. Yay!! I'm also a little scared because it's going to show just how much of a couch potato I really am. Shhhh...don't tell anyone!! So let's get the ball rolling with what I've watched so far in January:

1. Lost Boys 2: The Tribe - Hmmm...good but bad, it's gone the way of the gorno, with both the blood and t&a factors amped up. The lead boy is kinda hot, and it has a Sutherland - lesser known of course, but still a Sutherland. That counts for something right?? Overall, it was kinda crap and what was with The Feldman's voice, I just didn't get it, was he trying to sound all commando?? Cause it was coming out more constipated. I'd happily watch it again - as long as I didn't have to pay for it. Plus there was the less then stellar other Corey (Haim) in the alternate ending, who while is still living actually looks dead. Repeat after me - Drugs are BAD mmmkay...

2. Harold & Kumar: Escape from Guantánamo Bay - This was actually my favorite movie of the whole weekend. I laughed so hard, which is totally inappropriate, as most of the jokes are at someone else expense. But I still crack up thinking about it so it can't be all bad right. And you gotta love NPH - or as he shall be forever now known: Neil Poon Handler - classic

3. Baby Mama - Hmmm...I don't really like Tina Fey, but I like the blond chick so I watched it. Funny, but there won't be a repeat performance.

4. Anaconda 3: Offspring - Crapper movies have been made I am sure, but this was truly awful. I don't know what I was more afraid of - The giant CGI anaconda or The Hoff's scary new facelift. The acting was atrocious as was everything else. It wasn't even scary. I would rather be dropped into the anaconda orgy pit from the second move while Celine Dion music was playing, than watch this EVER again.

I paused here, 'cause I'd written a list and now I can't find it, which has put me in a pickle cause I can't remember everything...damn you Salazar...

5. Another Gay Movie - This was another corker. A boy from one of our branches wanted to borrow this, but 'cause he isn't of age, he couldn't have it. So in fine fighting form I said get it anyway. Boy am I glad we did...I think...I'm still a little scared. About 30 seconds in from the credits and I was squealing at the wrongness. For the uneducated, this is a rip off of the American Pie series, but with gays and quiche (I knew there was a reason I don't like egg). Probably the thing I disliked about this was the butch lesbian chick, she annoyed the crap outta me. Ruins it fat hobbitses.

6. Into the Wild - I loved this film. From the photography, direction, music and the cast, it was fantastic. Everyone did such a lovely job and I must admit I did have a little cry at the end. I knew what was coming, but Emile Hirsh was brilliant, he kinda blew me away with his performance. Sean Penn suprised me again, I don't often associate him with this kind of brilliance, but he has changed my mind a number of times over the last couple of years.

7. The Spiderwick Chronicles - This was fun, I haven't read the books so I don't know if they are similar/better, but I enjoyed this for the most part. Although the lead boy (who plays twins), was kinda annoying sometimes.

8. Pineapple Express - I laughed so hard! I really like James Franco & Seth Rogan. I didn't think it would be as funny as it was. The whole end bit was hilarious and I loved the Red charcter.

9. Babylon AD - What can I say - wait let's try...Vin Deisel. 'Nuf said really. I liked this movie right up until the last couple of minutes, the end was shit. But the action was pretty good and not too fake. Vin was suitably hot and all cranky with his action. In his topless scene his man boobs looked almost as big as mine!! lol.

10. Transporter 3 - I actually liked this better than the second one. Transporter (for that is how he shall always be referred to), was all grr then he was all hmmm, then he was all rawrh, then he was all ehehehehe, then he was all rargh again. So basically hot for the whole thing, just with different facial expressions. There were a couple of times when I was WTF!! with the action, seriously - flipping your car up on two wheels to drive between two trucks to escape bad guys. Blargh!! But the rest was sweet.

11. The Bad Mother's Handbook - I watched this on YouTube as it's not available in Australia yet. It has Robert Pattinson *sigh* in it, being a total dweeb (which is basically why I wanted to watch it), but I really liked it. It also had the comic stylings of Catherine Tate. While it was a comedy, it also had some serious bits in it -it deals with teen pregnancy & adoption n stuff. But overall it was a funfest. I'd like to watch it right proper so hopefully they will release it here.

12. Wild Child - This was a nice bit of brain candy. It was fun to watch and had me giggling like a little tweenie. It was all a bit silly and just what I needed - some light entertainment. Alex Pettyfer was hot as usual and it even had some mature hot boy - for those who don't like the 4 & 20 - Aidan Quinn. The basic premise is Poppy ( Emma Roberts) is a spoiled rich Malibu teen who has gone too far after playing an over-the-top prank, her dad (Quinn), decides to send her to an English boarding school for girls as punishment. Stereotypical boardingschool hilarity follows.

13. Taken - I'd already seen this last year, but I enjoyed it, so I was happy to watch it again! Liam Neeson - old but hot, stars as the overprotective father of Maggie Grace's character, Kim. She and her friend Amanda are kidnapped after landing in Paris, taken by evil Albanian's intent on selling her virgin ass to the highest bidder, (apparently Amanda was a ho cause she was going to be a street hooker). Dad, to say the least is pissed and vows to find his daughter and kill the evilness that has kidnapped her. I really enjoyed this and Liam spends most of the movie kickin ass and takin names, all while remaining injured, which while is helpful in the movie is a night unrealistic - but I was doing my best to suspender my reality for the duration.

If I can find the list I'll add the others and I don't really feel so bad it's only 13 DVDs so far...hehehe. I've decided to add an updated list at the end of every month.

I was also going to make a similar list for books that's I'd read in 2009. I was planning to read the 52 Books from Penguin Books, but I got bored reading the list of the books I had to read, so I didn't bother with the actual books.

Plus I'm still going with the lists from last year - msut read faster, must read faster. I'm guaranteed to read at least 10 books this year thanks to 'Just a lil' Book Club', plus there will be some tasty reads thanks to my Uni subjects I'm sure (blagh), I'll pull out some of the movies/books and tell you just what I think as well, which really, is only to be expected :)

Just to let you know what I thought, I'll probably put a couple of lines on the stuff I watch too. Enjoy.

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...