Thursday 22 October 2015

Book Review | Shut Out by Kody Kelpinger

Shut OutShut Out by Kody Keplinger
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was a bit disappointed with Shut Out. I remember reading The DUFF and loving it, I was a sweary, snarky teenager and that was the first time I'd read someone similar to me. But this time around, our main character, Lissa, was annoying AF. I understand that she had liked control and that she felt like it was her responsibility to take care of everyone, but if she was my sister or daughter I would've told her what was what. She grated, I don't know if it was the narrator. I can't put my finger on it. I will admit, in the end I grew to like her more and I loved the banter between her and Cash. Maybe I'm getting old. Scratch that - I refuse! I've already moved up an age bracket this year and I'm not having it.

This is loosely based on Lysistrata and I'me definitely going to check that out. This was closer to a 2.5 for me, I want to check out some of the authors other books, hopefully it was just this book that I didn't love.


View all my reviews

Until next time, happy reading :)

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...