Friday 18 July 2014

He's a Bad Boy by Lisa Jackson

He's a Bad Boy (Mavericks #1)He's a Bad Boy by Lisa Jackson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I'm not 100% sure how I feel about this book at the moment, I had a bit of a rocky start with the beginning. 

I didn't buy Rachelle (our heroine), being ok with wet hugs just after being assaulted.  I was also laughing at her amazing first time, where she soared all sorts of magical heights - several times - with our resident bad boy Jackson Moore, (our hero).  I it was kinda a dick move on his part to keep going, even though he felt bad about 'taking advantage' of Rachelle.

I quite like both of the main characters, both likable enough, I was a little annoyed that Jackson felt the need to over exaggerate all the other negative aspects of the other characters, namely Roy Fitzpatrick - local asshat and our number one bad guy at start of the story.  All his friends are similarly painted, none of Roy's friends have any redeeming qualities, even when we meet them 12 years later.  This aspect of the story didn't feel real to me.  I felt like Jackson wanted me to know these were the bad guys and so she made a list of things asshats do and made sure they had all those traits.  I don't like being told how to feel about a character, I like to make up my own mind and I'm sure I would've come to the conclusion that they were not nice.

Overall, this was pretty predictable,  I had an idea of who the killer was and I was on the money. That being said I did enjoy listening to it once I got past my issues, plus I always have such fun listening to these older Harlequin Loveswept titles.  Would I read it again.  No.  But would I read the other three titles in the series.  Yes.



View all my reviews


Until next time, happy reading :)

C.

2 comments:

  1. Your review made me chuckle. Makes me want to read it because you called Roy the "local asshat". lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really wasn't a nice character! I'm looking forward to reading the others in the series, I like her romantic suspense too.

      Delete

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...