Wednesday 5 March 2014

WWW Wednesday 5 March




It is that time of the week again, where we talk all about our reading!

WWW Wednesdays is hosted by Miz B over at ShouldBeReading.  If you'd like to join in here is what you need to do - answer these three questions:
 
* What are you currently reading?
* What did you just finish reading?
* What are you going to read next?
Then go and check out what everyone else who is participating is reading - I recommend you visit with pen at the ready, I always come away with new books to add to my Mt. TBR!  
 
What are you currently reading?
 
I'm still continuing with Blood Red Road by Moira Young.  I'm enjoying it more as I go along, it has a little Max Mad beyond the Thunderdome feel about it.  I also like that Saba is a strong character and Emmy isn't so annoying which is fantastic.  As I'm on the mobile library this week, I'm listening to Unleashed by Sarah Humphreys.  This is a paranormal romance about the Amoveo, which are shifter clans, Malcolm is an eagle shifter and Sam is half wolf shifter.  I am enjoying it but I have a thing about 'fated mates', sometimes the relationship can feel forced, although so far it doesn't seem like the case with Unleashed.
 
 
What did you just finish reading?
 
I finished the first book for March in this years #yearathon, which was Twilight by Stephenie Meyer.  I actually enjoyed this more than I remember, although I think my memories of the movie have clouded my enjoyment of the book.  But really - who am I kidding the movies were bigdumbfun.  I also finished The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick, which I thought was lovely, beautiful words and illustrations.

What are you going to read next?

I still haven't started Possession by A.S. Byatt yet, but hopefully by next week I will have.  I also need to read The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, which is my book groups pick for March.  I'm also waiting for a copy of A Wrinkle in Time to arrive as this is another 1001 kids group read.  I need to get a wriggle on!
 
Another week of reading gone, I wish I had more time to read, I miss the days of old where I could pretty much drop everything and read for as long as I wanted - growing up ruins everything!  Plus it doesn't help that I work in a library and I visit lots of book blogs :)  I see something and I immediately want to read it.  
 
Let me know what you're reading in the comments below.

C.
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. I wish I had more time to read too!!
    I have The Book Thief in my TBR stack also. You know, I've never read Twilight! Lol, I probably should!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to starting Book Thief, although I've found more books at work today. I think I'm going to save it for the weekend.

      Delete
  2. Oooh The Book Thief. I love that book. I hope you enjoy it too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard lots of good things about it so I'm hoping it lives up to expectations, I did enjoy the movie.

      Delete
  3. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on The Book Thief :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, have The Book Thief on my TBR pile. I've actually started reading it a few years ago but then stopped for some reason. I'll have to start it again I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any by Markus Zusak before, I hope I like it.

      Delete
  5. The Invention of Hugo Cabret was such a beautiful book! I could stare at those illustrations forever, so much detail and such a great concept. I did a whole lesson unit based on that book when I was in under grad.

    The Book Thief is so, so good. Be prepared for the feels and an extremely unique narrator.

    And I really need to read some of the books I loved as a child. I haven't read A Wrinkle in Time in years.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more, it was lovely, I'd like to see the movie, but I don't think it will live up to it.

      I managed not to cry at the movie, although it did get me in the feels, but I'm fully expecting it when I read the book.

      I'm hoping I like Wrinkle in Time, I've never read it before.

      Delete

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...