Wednesday 3 June 2009

Books I've Read in 2009 - March

Hark is that books I hear you talkin bout Willis *pout*, I thought it was bout time I added some more books to my list since I'm 3 months behind. So without further delay...here 'tis:

8. Warnings of Gales by Annie Sauders - This was a playaway and not something I'd normally read, it's about 3 women who take their children on a beach holiday, sans husbands (for two of them), except on weekends. Two of the ladies have never met before and their differing personalities and parenting styles clash with cringeworthy yet funny results. I didn't mind this, but it didn't have me banging down the door at work to get another title from Saunders.

9. Generation Dead by Daniel Waters - This book was great, it was a nice take on teen romance with a zombie angle and really who doesn't love a good zombie story. I'll keep this short here cause I've done a review for this, which I need to add, patience gentle reader, one can't rush a lady :)

10. Blindsighted by Karin Slaughter - This is the 2nd or 3rd book I read of Slaughters and I really enjoy her writing. The stories are all rather grusome, but she has lovely flawed characters which make you want to keep reading. She has 3 reoccuring characters, Sarah and Geoffrey (medical examiner and police chief respectively), they have been married divorced and are back together again and then there's Lori (I wanna say Lori, it might not be that tho), and she is a detective that works with Geoffrey, her sister is murdered in this book. I did managed to guess who the killer was, but it didn't detract from the story, I happily kept on reading and and waiting for the next in the series. I guess you couls say she is similar to Patricia Cornwell and Kathy Reichs.

11. Pack Challenge by Shelly Laurenston - This was fantastic, I hadn't read any of her work before and got this and the next in the series, when I was in Melbourne and one of the greatest bookshops on earth, Rendezvous! They have sexy books! YAY! Anyway, Sarah is a half human half wolf, she just don't know it yet. But she's about to find out - all with the help of Alpha dog Zach. This was hilarious, the interaction between her and her mates (they get their own books), and with Zach and his pack. Brillo I say, I ended up reading this on the way home from Melbourne.

12. Go Fetch by Shelly Laurenston - This is the 2nd book in the Magnus series of books and was equally fantastic, pretty much from me putting the 1st book away to me getting the next one out was a minute, I just wanted to keep reading. This time around the story centers on Miki, Sarah's crazy weapon loving friend from Pack Challenge, I had to keep trying to be quite cause I was laughing so hard while reading these. Conall is a shape-shifting Viking that hangs with Zach and the Magnus pack, but he's sets his sights on Miki and won't take no for an answer, with hilarious results. Miki drugs him, she handcuffs him and has her wild way with him when she comes to her senses. I just can't wait for the next one 'Here Kitty Kitty, which is Angelina's story. I want it like yesterday!

13. Pagan Stone by Nora Roberts - This is the last in the Sign of Seven trilogy and ties everything together nicely, bringing the last couple together. The final battle takes place and if they win the Hollow will finally be safe from the evil that has plagued it since the boys 10th birthdays. If they lose - it's Hell on earth - literally. I don't mind a bit of Nora, now and again. I've really only read a couple of her books, the Irish vampire trilogy and the 3 sisters island witchy trilogy, which I really enjoyed. I've read a couple of her stand alone titles and seen a few of the books that've been made into movies - they are pure gold.

14. The Stolen Child by Keith Donohue - This was the bookclub books, so I'll keep this short here too, but this has been one of my fave books this year, it's the story of a group of changelings and how they go about stealing children to replace and how they cope with the changes that time brings to the world. It was beautifully written and I really enjoyed reading it although it was quiet a sad book.

That's all for March, quite a bit better than the 3 I managed in Feb.

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...