Thursday 5 February 2015

Graphic Novel Review | Ms. Marvel 1: No Normal by G. Willow Wilson & Adrian Alphona

Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1: No NormalMs. Marvel, Vol. 1: No Normal by G. Willow Wilson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this, I haven't read any other Ms. Marvel and I think I had something more 'superhero-y' in my head, (which is weird, as I don't read a lot of superhero gn), so at the start my brain didn't gel with the story, once I worked it all out I flew through it. I had a lot of fun imagining being transformed into Ms. Marvel and I think that's a big part of its appeal.  It shows that anyone can be a superhero and that's important.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with for the next instalment, this one was more focused on Kamala, showing us her family and the initial struggle of being Ms. Marvel and I thought it was well done.  There is a villain in this, but I kinda felt like he was the diet coke of villains. But I'm sure that will change as the series goes on.



View all my reviews

Until next time, happy reading :)

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...