Tuesday 27 January 2015

Book Review | Hot Ice by Lynn Raye Harris

Hot Ice (Hostile Operations Team #7)Hot Ice by Lynn Raye Harris

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I received an ARC of this title from the publisher for review.  All thoughts and comments are my own.

Grace Campbell leads a privileged life. The daughter of a United States senator, she moves within the social circles of the rich and famous. But Grace is also a scientist, and when someone learns she possesses the knowledge necessary to create a new super virus capable of destroying entire nations, she becomes a target for terror groups and foreign governments alike.

Garrett “Iceman” Spencer didn’t join the Army’s elite Hostile Operations Team to babysit a spoiled rich girl, but when his superiors insist on assigning him to a senator’s daughter as her security detail, he has no choice but to comply.

It’s a shock to find that beneath the glasses and serious scowl, Grace Campbell burns hot. And Garrett, who’s been burned before, suddenly wants to immerse himself in the flames.

Keeping Grace alive—and keeping his hands off her—is a full-time job for this HOT soldier. Failure is not an option…(from Goodreads).


This is the 7th book in the Hostile Operations Team (HOT) series and for me it didn't disappoint.  Hot Ice is full of action, snark and sexy good times.  I would recommend reading at least the book directly before this one (Hot Rebel), as the end of the story is mentioned at the beginning of this one and there is follow through with another character in this title.

This is Garrett (Iceman) and Grace's story. He's cool, calm and collected, letting nothing phase him. He goes through life quite detached. Enter Grace, the scientist who is his next assignment. From the start they irritate each other. Garrett resents having to look after a 'princess' and Grace is frustrated that she's stuck having a strange man following her around.  They clash, they snarky spar - sparks fly. This was a fun read, I probably say this every time, but I love some sass to my heroines.  And when she's pushed, Grace delivers. I think my only grumble with this book is the Grace is so insecure and let's people around her walk over her.  I kept wanting to take her by the shoulders, give her a good shake and say " You're a kick arse scientist, you're awesome.  Embrace the awesome Grace, embrace the awesome!"

The other thing that I enjoyed while reading this was getting to see Garrett and Grace fall in love.  It's one of my favourite things when you can see them falling in love and the characters either haven't noticed yet or are too busy fighting it to realise.  It just gives my heart a happy.  And they both fall head over heels, at the beginning, Garrett is a 'one & done', which for him is perfect, there's no attachment and he can't get hurt again and Grace is still smarting from a failed relationship. But they find their way to each other.

Finishing this I am definitely ready for another book in the series, I can see two possible characters getting their own book, but I would love to see Mendez get his own book, when the time comes, he is going to fall and fall hard.

View all my reviews

Until next time, happy reading :)

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...