Friday 21 March 2014

Unleashed by Sara Humphreys. The Amoveo Legend Book 1

Unleashed (The Amoveo Legend, #1)Unleashed by Sara  Humphreys

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


3.5 Stars

I enjoyed Unleashed, it was nice to slip back into a paranormal after not reading one for awhile.  I don't love the 'fated mates' storyline, it can make for lazy development of the romance and how the H&H interact with each other.  But Humphrey's has made it work, Malcolm and Sam's relationship didn't feel forced.  And it wasn't instalove - instalust yes, but the love came later. 

Malcolm is alpha, but he's not totally overbearing, I liked that Sam stood up to Malcolm when she worked out he could read her thoughts and that he respected her wishes about getting out of her head.

I did think the ending wrapped up all very quickly, I would've liked some more time spent on the Caedo (bad guys) - but as this is a series, I'm guessing there may be more development in the future.

I'll def be checking out the other books in the series, as there are 10 Amoveo clans, I'm hoping for quite a few books.

And FYI - if perchance my smexy Amoveo mate is reading this - I'd prefer a six pack of Turkey & Dry instead of a bunch of roses. (The Amoveo can conjure up things they want and move at the speed of thought!)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...