Wednesday 10 August 2011

Dewey by Vicki Myron


Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the WorldDewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I knew from the start that this would end sadly.  But I enjoyed reading about Dewey's escapades.  Who doesn't love a cat that can primp on demand!  And it was the stories about his fun with Vicki and the library patrons that I loved the most.  I used to play chasey with my cat Sloppy and this brought back lots of memories.  This wasn't fantastically written, but it was a fun read, (well up until about Ch. 26), then I was balling my eyes out, trying to see the floor while I was vacuuming. It doesn't help that I'm still feeling sorry for myself because Sloppy has gone missing.  Would I read it again - no, but I'm glad I read it.  The picture book is hella cute, with lovely illustrations.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...