Friday 21 May 2010

Cathy & Julia

Earlier on in the year I watched Julie & Julia, which I loved. For those living under a rock it's the story of Julie Powell who decides to cook all 536 recipes from Julia Child's Mastering the art of French Cooking, while blogging about it. On the flip side it tells the story of Julia Child's life at the beginning of her culinary career and throughout the creation and publication of her cookbook.

It was a fun movie, I thought Meryl Streep did a fantastic job and the delicious Stanley Tucci who played her husband. Amy Adams was great as Julie Powell. I loved her in Sunshine Cleaning also. I loved the scenes with Julie creating the recipes, but I have to admit that I enjoyed the Julia part of the movie more than the Julie. i haven't read the book (or much of the blog, I did have a play after I saw the movie, but Julie hasn't really added anything for a few years).

So all enthused, I've borrowed Volumes 1 & 2 of Mastering the art of French Cooking (no I'm NOT goind to be cooking every recipe), what I will be doing is have a French night, which I haven't done for ages. But I'll choose starters, main, dessert - the whole hog, just not turbacyducken style, there be slightly more class. While I'm attempting the madness, I'll try and take photos and post the recipes that I choose.

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...