Monday 29 May 2017

Book Review | Black Panther Vol. 1, A nation under our feet by Ta-Nehisi Coates and Brian Stelfreeze

Black Panther #1Black Panther #1 by Ta-Nehisi Coates
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

For me this was a great introduction to the Black Panther universe. I don't read a lot of superhero graphic novels, so I was unfamiliar with T'Challa and the nation of Wakanda until I saw his portrayal in Captain America: Civil War.

Other people have commented that this is a different Black Panther than previously seen, I of course can't comment on that. What I can say is that I liked that the discord, was coming from within Wakanda - I don't think any nation is without its struggles and this makes where Coates is taking this story line a believable one. As for the illustrations and colouring - I think it is beautifully done.

I'm looking forward to delving into Black Panthers story further.


View all my reviews

Until next time, happy reading :)

C,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...