Thursday 18 December 2014

WWW Wednesday | 17.12.14


WWW Wednesdays is hosted by Miz B over at ShouldBeReading.  If you'd like to join in here is what you need to do - answer these three questions:

What are you currently reading?
What did you just finish reading?
What are you going to read next?

Once you're done, go and visit everyone else who is participating - simple :)

What are you currently reading?

It's a Christmas tradition that I read this each year, my Poppa love Dickens, and when we visited there I would always go into the library and sit and read this and Cricket on the Hearth.  This December I'm going to try and tackle all of his Christmas short stories - wish me luck - I have set myself the TBR of death for December.
What did you just finish reading?

This was a particularly hard read for me, my mother had EOAD, so I was quite emotional reading this.  But what a book!  I really did enjoy this.  I love that it was from Alice's POV, often it is how family members cope with a loved one having Alzheimer's Disease   I know this is an upcoming movie starring Julienne Moore as Alice, which it's safe to say I will have to wait until it comes out on DVD to watch.
What are you going to read next?

I've had this at home for a little while and haven't had the time to read it, but hopefully this weekend I can make time.  The Christmas #booktubeathon is running again and there is also the #cramathon which is overlapping that.  Fingerscrossed - because I don't think I'll get much reading done once Christmas hits.










So that's my WWW, what is yours?  Leave me a link in the comments so I can come visit you and see what you've been reading :)

Until next time, happy reading :)

C.

10 comments:

  1. Some interesting books on your list this week. I don't think I could read Still Alice as the subject matter is too close to home but it does sound like an excellent read. I first read A Christmas Carol the year I was 10 and ever since then I usually have a re-read, such a brilliant tale.
    Thanks for visiting my WWW https://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/12/17/www-wednesday-december-17/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a difficult read for sure, I had the tissues handy. I'm not sure how I'll go with the film, I tried watching Iris, with Kate Winslet, but I had to switch it off. But A Christmas Carol will certainly put me in a good mood. Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  2. Oh goodness, thank you for the heads up about Still Alice -- my uncle was just diagnosed about 2 mths ago, so it's a timely WWW for me. (and thanks for commenting on mine http://editingeverything.com/bookish-thoughts-2/www-wednesdays-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a hard thing to go through, both for the person with it and their family - I'm sorry to hear about your uncle, I hope he's doing ok, it's a big thing to get used to - I wish they would find a cure/medications to stop the effects. I don't think I would've managed to read this if it was only a couple of months after I'd found out, it would be too much to deal with. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  3. I have been wanting to read A Christmas Carol for a while, but I truly find it weird for me to read holiday books around the holidays. So it may be a springtime read for me.

    Thanks for commenting on my first WWW can't wait to see what next week will bring! http://www.beewritten.com/2014/12/www-wednesday-1/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's great not just because of the story, but the fact that it's short as well - I can sit and read it with a cuppa and still have time for all the other Christmas jobs I need to do :) I am often still reading themed books in January, but that could be because there are so many of them. Thanks for stopping by, I'll have to visit you again next week.

      Delete
  4. I love A Christmas Carol <3 It's such a lovely book. Still Alice is an incredible read. I'm glad that you enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, A Christmas Carol is wonderful book, it always helps me get in the mood. I enjoyed Still Alice more than I thought I would, I'm looking forward to her other books. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. What a nice tradition you had with your father! I really need to read A Christmas Carol. It's something that I've never done, but I should rectify that soon! Like you, I don't think I'll get much reading done once Christmas hits! Happy Reading and Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are plenty of different versions as well, last year I read a zombie/Christmas Carol mashup which was fun, although if you don't like zombies not so much! I have to hide if I want to get any reading done, but the family usually finds you. Happy reading and Merry Christmas to you too :)

      Delete

Tweet This!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...